Damien Stolarz, CarBot, Inc.
Track: Servers and Networking
Date: Wednesday, October 02
Time: 11:30am - 12:15pm
We're finallly here--the processor speed and bandwidth exist to start putting up real, watchable video channels on the Net. And now, with Mac OS X, the tools make it not just possible, but easy.
Damien Stolarz runs through the full gamut of technologies and disciplines needed to get a 24x7 streaming station on the Internet with just a couple of Macs and an Internet connection. Bring your webcam into the 21st century!
The tutorial covers:
- choosing the codec
- choosing the bitrate
- setting up the QuickTime Streaming Server
- Using QuickTime broadcaster to capture the stream
- Using residential broadband (cable/DSL) to serve up the stream
- Bouncing the stream off of one or more servers
- Strategies for handling popularity
- Archiving the streams
- Doing it all cheaply :)
Stolarz allows ample opportunity for questions and answers.
Download presentation file