Director of Architecture, MySQL ABBrian Aker is the director of architecture for MySQL when he helps set direction for technology and looks for opportunities to harness and shape the MySQL database for efforts in Web, OEM, and telephony. In his copious amounts of free time he works on Apache and Perl modules, and hacks on the Asterisk Telephony System (hence, never has a working home phone number). In the past, he has been involved with projects for the Army Engineer Corps, The Virtual Hospital, Splunk, and Slashdot. He lives in Seattle with his dog Rosalynd.
- Tutorial: MySQL 5.1 In-depth
- Session: Panel with Industry CTOs How Enterprises Tackle Scaling Problems
- Session: Replication and Clustering for Web Technologies
- Session: Understanding MySQL's Pluggable Engine API
- Tutorial: Writing Your Own Storage Engine
- BOF (Birds OF a Feather gathering): Pluggable Storage Engine API