From the Frontiers of Research to the Heart of the Enterprise
O'Reilly Open Source Convention
Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina
July 22-26, 2002 -- San Diego, CA
Matt Sergeant, MessageLabs Inc.
Date: Monday, July 22
Time: 8:45am - 12:15pm
Location: Sea Breeze II
Apache AxKit is an XML Web Publishing framework built on top
of Apache and mod_perl. Now approaching it's third year of development,
AxKit has recently become an official Apache Software Foundation
project. During the tutorial we will cover:
Mainly we will focus on separation of concerns - the splitting of content, presentation, logic and site management. We will talk about how a real live site (Take23) works, and hopefully persuade the attendee that ultimately AxKit can save them time and money.
- What XML Web Publishing is
- Why You need it
- How AxKit works
- How to build web sites with AxKit
- Templating technologies: XSLT and XPathScript
- XSP technologies: SOAP, Forms, Database access, etc.
- Using technologies like RSS, XHTML, and POD!
- Extending AxKit
- AxKit internals (if time permits)
oreilly.com Home |
O'Reilly Bookstores |
How to Order |
About O'Reilly |
Affiliated Companies |
© 2001, O'Reilly Media, Inc.