From the Frontiers of Research to the Heart of the Enterprise
O'Reilly Open Source Convention
Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina
July 22-26, 2002 -- San Diego, CA
PHP: FSP (Frequently Solved Problems)
Laura Thomson, Mozilla Corporation
Luke Welling, OmniTI
Date: Monday, July 22
Time: 1:45pm - 5:15pm
Location: Harbor Island III
In running PHP courses and reading the mailing list we find the same problems and questions come up over and over again. These are the sorts of problems you must learn to conquer to earn your stripes as a PHP programmer and graduate from PHP newbie to guru. In this talk we will take a cook’s tour of the most common PHP brick walls and how to climb them.
- Array crunching
- Date and data munging in and out of your database
- Session bugbears -- so many to choose from! -- including:
- Making sessions work under Windows
- Where did my variables go?
- Whaddya mean, Header already sent?
- Learning to love cookies
- Scheduling tasks with cron
- The secret ins and outs of php.ini
- Serialization nightmares: objects, arrays, and sessions
- Beating your head against mail attachments
- The masochistic pleasure of regular expressions
The last half-hour of the session will be reserved for answering those “How do I...” questions.
oreilly.com Home |
O'Reilly Bookstores |
How to Order |
About O'Reilly |
Affiliated Companies |
© 2001, O'Reilly Media, Inc.