Introduction to Python
Wesley J. Chun, CyberWeb Consulting
Date: Monday, July 07
Time: 8:45am - 12:15pm
Location: Salon C
This tutorial provides an in-depth introduction to Python.
With your newfound knowledge in the topics covered below,
you'll find yourself coding Python back in your hotel room!
- Syntax and Style
- Python's Objects and Memory Model
- Data Types, Operators, and Methods
- Errors and Exception Handling
- Files and Input/Output
- Functions and Functional Programming
- Modules and Packages
- Classes, Methods, and Class Instances
- New Features introduced in Python 2.x
Many of the example snippets of code are taken directly
from my book,
Core Python Programming, and due to Python's interactive
nature, you can easily try these examples on your own.
© 2003, O'Reilly Media, Inc.