CANCELED Another Day of Extreme Programming
Marty Pauley, Kasei
Karen Pauley, Kasei
Track: Emerging Topics
Date: Monday, July 26
Time: 8:45am - 5:15pm
This one day tutorial provides a hands-on introduction to Extreme Programming by
playing out an accelerated example project. The main focus will be on
developers, but team leaders and managers can participate as coaches and customers.
* Brief introduction to Extreme Programming
* Explanation of the sample project
* Divide into development teams and customers, and prepare
* First iteration
* Second iteration
* Questions and comments
- Planning: customer selects user stories; developers break the stories into
tasks; developers sign up for tasks.
- Developing: programmers pair off, write their tests for the tasks, then write
- The results are presented to the customer
Attendees planning to work as a developer should have some Perl programming
experience, and half of them should bring a networkable laptop.
© 2004, O'Reilly Media, Inc.