Mark-Jason Dominus, Chief Programmer, Plover Systems Co.
Track: Emerging Topics
Date: Tuesday, July 27
Time: 8:45am - 12:15pm
Location: Salon H
Over the years, Dominus has built up a large collection of handy utilities in
Perl. He'll take you on a tour of these utilities and show you what
they do and how they work.
Class content will vary, but will include at least some of the following:
* dump, pmud: lightweight keyed databases
* getstore: copy a web page to a local file
* googles: what google searches are leading people to my web site?
* mailhold: challenge-response for incoming email
* makethumbnails: build image thumbnail pages
* mark: manage collections of files
* mypsmerge, mypstrim, mypsup2: PostScript formatting and conversion
* print: replacement printer daemon
* ticker: watch files grow
* unrecv: make email archive directories smaller
* watcher: watch a collection of web pages and report whenever one changes