Cliff Schmidt, Vice President of Legal Affairs, Apache Software Foundation
Date: Thursday, July 29
Time: 4:30pm - 5:15pm
Location: Salon B
The Apache Software Foundation started the Incubator project to accept new projects, provide guidance, and help new projects to build their own collaborative community.
This talk provides attendees with the knowledge they need to evaluate whether their project is appropriate for Apache, what to expect in the Incubator process, and how to make the project a success.
Specific topics include:
- How to propose a project
- The role of the sponsor and mentor
- Logistics and processes within Apache
- Developing a productive community
- Decision making and voting
- Legal issues with contributions, corporations, and incubations
Download presentation file