Test-Driven Apache Module Development
Geoffrey Young, Senior Software Engineer, Ticketmaster
Date: Monday, August 1st, 2005
Time: 1:30pm - 5:00pm
Writing tests is up there with documentation as the thing we coders dread the most, but for Apache developers it doesn't need to be that way. With the Apache-Test framework, the engine behind much of the httpd-test project, testing your code can be more exciting than writing it! Imagine a world where your Apache module contains a full suite of integrated tests that even your boss can run--it's self-documenting fun!
In this session, participants will learn about using the Apache-Test toolkit to:
- Issue a single command that will configure Apache, start the server, run your tests, shutdown the server, and issue a success report
- Test against 1.3, 2.0, or 2.1 Apache server installations
- Use the test framework to automatically compile and configure Apache C modules
- Write simple test scripts that mimic client behaviors
- Examine basic testing principles to help methodically guide test writing
- Impress your boss, get a raise, make new friends
If you develop or maintain Apache modules in either C or Perl then this is one session you can't afford to miss.
OSCON 2005 Sponsor Opportunities — Email us at
Download the OSCON 05 Sponsor/Exhibitor Prospectus
OSCON 2005 Media Sponsor Opportunities — Call Margi Levin at 707-827-7184 or email at
Press and Media
For media-related inquiries, contact Suzanne Axtell at
Want to receive conference news? Sign up for our email newsletter.