Pragmatic Project Automation with Ruby
Mike Clark, President, Clarkware Consulting
Time: 11:35am - 12:20pm
They say the cobbler's child is the last to have shoes. It's the same for software developers--we write applications for others, but rarely take the time to automate our own processes. This is crazy: if we let our computers do more of the repetitive, tedious, and boring work for us, then not only do we free up our time to do more worthwhile things, we also guarantee more repeatable results.
This talk gives you soup-to-nuts recipes for automating your software project (and your life!) using Ruby:
- Creating a one-step build and test process with Rake and Test::Unit
- Continuously integrating your code with DamageControl
- Turning step-by-step manual procedures into push-button Ruby scripts
- Packaging, deploying, and installing applications with ease using Ruby Gems
- Generating project metrics and synoptic displays
- Monitoring builds and running programs with email, RSS, your cell phone, and even lava lamps!
OSCON 2005 Sponsor Opportunities — Email us at
Download the OSCON 05 Sponsor/Exhibitor Prospectus
OSCON 2005 Media Sponsor Opportunities — Call Margi Levin at 707-827-7184 or email at
Press and Media
For media-related inquiries, contact Suzanne Axtell at
Want to receive conference news? Sign up for our email newsletter.