Maximum Velocity MySQL
Jay Pipes, Community Relations Manager, North America, MySQL AB
Date: Monday, July 24
Time: 8:30am - 12:00pm
Location: Portland 255
Two months pass, and then it happens. You get your first call from a customer, angry that the site is "crawling"; that it takes fifteen seconds for the search results to appear. Then the emails start coming in confirming that the site is displaying some error message about too many connections.
Think it can't happen to you? Think again. All web applications have their breaking points, and you need to know how to properly diagnose your schema and streamline your application code.
In this session, you'll learn:
- how to diagnose MySQL database performance bottlenecks using a variety of tools
- how to identify and FIX problem SQL code
- best practices for writing streamlined, efficient SQL code that takes advantage of MySQL's strengths
- about advanced index concepts
- how to build an effective indexing strategy
- how to choose appropriate storage engines for different types of data
- how to adjust choice MySQL server parameters to squeeze the most performance out of your application
- how to plan for growth, in your code and in your index strategy