User Experience, Pain-free
Amy Hoy, Lead Interaction Designer, Lime Wire, LLC
Track: Web Apps
Date: Thursday, July 27
Time: 2:35pm - 3:20pm
Plus, it never hurts to crush the competition in the looks and user-friendliness departments.
Better yet, instead of 45 minutes of boring theory you'll learn practical solutions from examples of real projects, redesigned to be more effective (with before & after shots) or designed from scratch. You don't have to be an expert HTML or Photoshop jockey to enjoy learning from this session; all design decisions will be explained in plain, sensible English. There may even be cartoons.
Talking points include:
- Thinking like a user
- Planning user "task paths"
- Finding the focus of a screen / page
- The power of "the grid"
- Using white space and typography to create relationships (kill all those bounding boxes!)
- Making consistency happen
- Using colors and images to emphasize without overpowering
- Simplify, simplify, simplify
- Helping the user flow instead of jerking him around
- Using rich UI techniques, when they can enhance the experience