Django: Web Development with Journalists' Deadlines
Jacob Kaplan-Moss, Lead Developer, Lawrence Journal-World
Date: Monday, July 24
Time: 8:30am - 12:00pm
- The philosphies and culture behind Django
- Designing your data models and customizing the automatic admin interface
- Writing public-facing views for your data
- Developing templates that designers can customize to make your sites pretty
- Using generic views to speed up common development tasks
- Using some of Django's sub-frameworks including the RSS, internationalization, and schema migration frameworks
- How to deploy a Django site to withstand high traffic.
Along the way, we'll pause to discuss some of the best practices that Django developers should follow (and point out any possible pitfalls).