The future is calling. Web telephony technologies are hitting the big time. eBay bought Skype, Google launched GoogleTalk, and Yahoo introduced Yahoo Messenger with Voice. Web developer voice platforms such as Tellme and Voxeo are creating entirely new voice services opportunities for developers and enterprises. Pingtel and Digium's open source IP PBX platforms are striking fear into the hearts of traditional telcos. How are the leading IP telephony companies charting this new frontier? How can you stay ahead of the curve in this industry in transition?
The O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference is not "Yet Another VoIP Conference." ETel brings you the best of what's happening at the cutting edge of the entire IP telephony spectrum now, and how new technology is being deployed by forward-thinking pioneers. O'Reilly's committment, support, and access to the alpha geek community and top-tier innovative startups acts as a radar for decision makers in the industry who need to know what the next big technology will be.
Featured Speakers Include:
If you want to know what products you can buy, go to any one of a dozen other conferences that you may have already been to. If you want to know how communication will change, what technologies will change it, and who's building the applications innovations that will become products, come to the one place you'll find the answers: ETel. Our track record in sister events like the O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, Web 2.0, and the O'Reilly Open Source Convention demonstrates our ability to hone in on and vet critical issues.
The O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference is committed to bringing the best new thinking and how to apply it to an industry--and its customers--undergoing massive change.
The O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference will:
- Articulate the revolution that is happening in the telephony industry—infrastructure, technology, and tools
- Provide a framework for understanding the industry's future and how to influence it
- Introduce the innovators—who is doing what and where the competition stands
- Examine emerging business opportunities and under-served markets—where's the money?
- Spark creative discussions among enterprise managers, developers, hackers, and sponsors interested in telephony
- Show how to adapt, integrate, and deploy these new tools right away, via case studies and real world examples
- Identify the guidelines for evaluating IP telephony options, considering standards, licensing, security, and reliability
To receive up-to-date conference news and information, sign up for the ETel newsletter.
Articles & Weblogs
SafariThis is how you learn. transform. future-proof.
Our live, instructor-led online courses get you up to speed quickly on whatever you need to know.
Expert-curated learning paths help you master specific topics with text, video, audio, and interactive coding tutorials.
- Unique interactive tutorials
- O’Reilly conference recordings
- Books and video training from 200+ publishers
- Early access to content as it’s being created
- Transformational playlists
- Much more
Learn directly from expert practitioners at in-person training courses.
With Safari, quickly find the answers you need, or drill down to learn more.
Connect with people and build your own expert network at O’Reilly events.
Cory Doctorow keynoting at OSCON Austin 2016