EuroOSCON 2006: Open and Connected
The 2006 O'Reilly European Open Source Convention has ended.
Open source is one facet of a larger revolution in commercial and social life which can all be traced back to the inherently open nature of the Internet. At this year's EuroOSCON, we're taking OSCON's winning formula of practical sessions from innovators, and applying it beyond pure source code.
EuroOSCON is where business people, coders, decision makers, lawyers, entrepreneurs, artists, and policy makers using, creating, and managing free (libre) and open projects gather to learn about best practices, strategic issues, and coming changes.
Featured Speakers Include:
EuroOSCON 2006 will feature the projects, technologies, and skills that you need to write and deploy killer modern apps.
Tracks at EuroOSCON will be conducted in English and will include the following tracks and topics:
- Media: video, audio, BitTorrent
- Mobile: wifi, handsets, Bluetooth, sensor web, USB keychains, embedded systems
- Management: deployment, measurement, identity, analytics, security
- Browser/Web: Ajax, web back end, Flash, components
- Services: APIs, web services, REST, SLAs
- Open Culture: data under Creative Commons, rights, remix, mashups
- Open Business: startups, funding, business models
- Open Source: governance, licenses, patents, social
- Open Society: government, law, surveillance, education
- Cybernetics: AI, dynamic systems, biomimicry, CHI