Wednesday, June 29th
Exhibit Hall Reception
Time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Location: Italian Foyer
Where 2.0's exhibit hall showcases state-of-the-art systems, apps, and services in the location space. Mingle with fellow conference participants at the Exhibit Hall Reception and see from exhibitors and sponsors what location-aware technologies have to offer. Refreshments will be served.
Time: 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Location: Colonial Room
The Where Fair is a science fair-style event that gives participants a first-hand look at just a few of the intriguing location-aware technologies lurking just below the radar. Fair-goers can discuss the ideas behind the demos with the creators, and learn how these unconventional new technologies can be adapted into existing business strategies. Where Fair projects are being selected from research, academia, and yet-to-be-discovered entrepreneurs. The Where Fair complements the conference's exhibit hall, which will showcase state-of-the-art systems, apps, and services in the location space.
- Phil Torrone, representing MAKE Magazine
- Colin Bulthaup and Ryan McKinley from Squid Labs
- Amit Singh, demoing the Mac OS X accelerometer
- Sean Savage, Jon Snydal and Damon McCormick, PlaceSite
- Patrick Hogan, NASA Worldwind
- Mikel Maron, worldKit and Mapufacture
- Tor Amundsen, EV-DO router (will bring cohacker, Garth)
- Greg Sadetsky and Denis Laprise, Google Maps hackers
- Andrew Fitzhugh, HP Labs
- Eric Rodenbeck and Michal Migurski of Stamen Designs
- Christina Ray and John Geraci, FoundCity
- Dave McIhagga, DM Solutions
- Charles LaPierre and Mike May, Benetech
- Schuyler Erle, locative.net
Thursday, June 30th
Join us for Yahootinis
Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Join us for Yahootinis!
Come mingle with the Yahoo! Local team over
cocktails and appetizers.
See the gorgeous San Francsico skyline in the stunning Alexandra Ballroom -
high above it all on the 32nd floor!
Where 2.0 Sponsor Opportunities — Download Exhibitor and Sponsor Prospectus. For more info, email us at
Where 2.0 Media Sponsor Opportunities — Call Margi Levin at 707-827-7184 or email at
Press and Media
For media-related inquiries, contact Suzanne Axtell at
Want to receive conference news? Sign up for our email newsletter.