Reach business leaders and technology influencers at the Web 2.0 Summit. Call Susan Young at 415-947-6107 or email
Download the 2006 Web 2.0 Sponsor/Exhibitor Prospectus (PDF).
2 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, California 94105 United States
About the Hotel
In 1875, the Palace Hotel debuted as the world's largest and most luxurious hotel, towering eight stories over San Francisco. A bridge from the old world to the modern city, the Palace recreates the elegance and glamour of 19th century high society, with its beautiful vaulted ceilings and original Austrian crystal chandeliers. Host to presidents, royalty and giants of industry, the Palace has been lavishly restored with loving attention to its rich past. Centrally located downtown and adjacent to the Financial District, the Palace indulges guests with modern conveniences and the quality of service that gave the Age of Elegance its name.
Centrally located downtown, adjacent to the Financial District, the Palace is walking distance to Union Square, the Cable Cars, the Embarcadero, Chinatown, Pac Bell Park, Sony Metreon, Yerba Buena Park, SF Museum of Modern Art, and the Theater District.To reserve a room at either of the alternate hotels, please follow the instructions below.
Room Rate: $249 single/double*
*Group rate available until October 17, 2006. Subject to availability. Please Note: We encourage you to make your reservations early as last year's conference hotel completely sold out.
Individual Reservations at the St. Regis Hotel:
- Online: Click here.
- By Phone: Please call 800-325-3589 and ask for the Web 2.0 Conference special rate.
Individual Reservations at the Omni Hotel:
- Online: Click here.
- By Phone: Please call 888-444-6664 and ask for the Web 2.0 Conference special rate.
Group Reservations (10 or more rooms):
- By Fax: Please fill out the Group Reservation Form and fax it to 415-905-2400
- By Email: Please send your requests to
Questions regarding housing? Please call 415-905-2555 or-->
Services From OAK or SFO Airports
Directions on BART
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) is a high-speed train serving the greater San Francisco Bay Area, including San Francisco and Oakland airports. To access the Palace Hotel via BART, get off at Montgomery Street Station, go one block southwest on Market St. and turn left on New Montgomery St. The Palace Hotel is located on the right.
- From East Interstate 80, Bay Bridge Take I-80 West, and use the Bay Bridge/Fremont Street Exit. Turn left onto Mission Street, and then turn right onto 3rd Street. Turn right onto Market Street, and then turn right onto New Montgomery Street. The hotel is located on the right.
- From South Highway 101 & San Francisco International Airport Take Highway 101 North to Interstate 80 (toward Downtown/Bay Bridge). Exit onto 4th Street (the last San Francisco Exit) and turn left onto Bryant. Turn left onto 3rd Street, turn right onto Market, and then turn right again onto New Montgomery. The hotel is located on the right.
- From North Highway 101, Golden Gate Bridge Take Highway 101 South over the Golden Gate Bridge and bear right onto Lombard Street. Turn right onto Van Ness Avenue, and then turn left onto Post Street. Turn right onto New Montgomery Street and cross over Market Street. The hotel is located on the right.
- From South Highway 280 San Jose Take Highway 280 North to the end, which is King St. Follow King St. to Third St. and turn left on Third St. Follow Third St. to Market St. Turn Right on Market St. and then turn right on New Montgomery St. The hotel is located on the right.
Parking at the Palace Hotel
Valet parking is available and the Palace Garage is conveniently located across the street from the main entrance of the hotel.
Should you choose to make travel arrangements independently, you may contact Hertz directly to receive the special O'Reilly discount on rental cars for the Web 2.0 Conference. To reserve a car with your special rate, call Hertz:
- 1 (800) 654-2240 in the U.S.
- 1 (800) 263-0600 in Canada
- (405) 749-4434 outside of these areas
...or call your nearest Hertz reservation center, your corporate travel department, or your travel agent. You must give the agent the Hertz CV #01XY0026.
United Airlines is the official airline of the Web 2.0 Conference 2006. If you or your travel agent call United's toll-free number (1-800-521-4041) to book your reservations, you will receive a 10% discount off the unrestricted, fully refundable coach fare or 2% discount off the lowest applicable fates. An additional 5% discount will apply when tickets are purchased at least 30 days in advance of the attendees' travel. The special offer applies to travel on domestic segments of all United Airlines and United Express flights. UAL/UAX/UA convenient schedule and discounted fares are available through United's Meeting Desk or your travel agent. Call 1-800-521-4041 and reference Meeting ID Number 531ZL. Dedicated reservationists are on duty Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM Saturday and Sunday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.
CMP Media and O'Reilly Media, Inc. assume no responsibility or liability for the facilities or services provided by the vendors and suppliers. Anyone attending this conference releases CMP Media and O'Reilly from any and all claims that may arise out of attending at this conference.